By Daniel R. Montello,Paul Sutton
- Joseph Mallalieu, university of Geography, Leeds University
"Montello and Sutton is likely one of the most sensible texts i have utilized in seminars on learn method. The textual content bargains a transparent stability of quantitative vs. qualitative and actual vs. human which i have came upon relatively worthy. The chapters on examine ethics, medical communique, details applied sciences and information visualization are excellent."
- Kenneth E. Foote, division of Geography, college of Colorado at Boulder
This is a huge and integrative creation to the behavior and interpretation of clinical learn, masking either geography and environmental stories. Written for undergraduate and postgraduate scholars, it:
- Explains either the conceptual and the technical facets of analysis, in addition to all stages of the study process
- Combines methods in actual geography and environmental technological know-how, human geography and human-environment relatives, and geographic and environmental details recommendations (such as GIS, cartography, and distant sensing)
- Combines typical and social clinical techniques universal to matters in geography and environmental studies
- Includes case reports of tangible examine initiatives to illustrate the breadth of methods taken
It may be center interpreting for college kids learning clinical learn equipment in geography, environmental reports and comparable disciplines equivalent to making plans and earth science.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Scientific Research Methods in Geography and Environmental Studies PDF
Best educational research books
The instruction manual of Political verbal exchange study is a benchmark quantity, defining crucial and demanding thrusts of latest learn and thought in political communique. Editor Lynda Lee Kaid brings jointly exemplary students to discover the present country of political verbal exchange learn in every one of its a number of features.
The genuine Dissertation is a street map for college kids who need to make their dissertation greater than a chain of hoop-jumping machinations that lead them to lose the power and meaningfulness in their examine. scholars and tutors are provided with functional advice for the type of replacement dissertations that many educators think are had to movement Doctoral and Master’s point paintings past the restrictions that at the moment stifle genuine contributions for a greater global.
This almanac offers a accomplished, chronological evaluate of all American army heritage, serving because the regular reference paintings of its sort. • Biographies of 270 key members in American army heritage• Over 50 files with introductions• two hundred charts
This textbook presents a transparent, concise, and entire advent to methodological matters encountered by way of a few of the social technology disciplines. It emphasizes functions, with specified examples, in order that readers can positioned those ways to paintings of their examine. inside a unified framework, John Gerring and Dino Christenson combine quite a few equipment - descriptive and causal, observational and experimental, qualitative and quantitative.
- Upland Rice In India
- Empirical Methods for the Study of Labour Force Dynamics: Volume 1 (Fundamentals of Pure and Applied Economics)
- Handbook of Bibliometric Indicators: Quantitative Tools for Studying and Evaluating Research
- Evaluation Roots: A Wider Perspective of Theorists’ Views and Influences
- Research Foundations: How Do We Know What We Know?
Extra resources for An Introduction to Scientific Research Methods in Geography and Environmental Studies
An Introduction to Scientific Research Methods in Geography and Environmental Studies by Daniel R. Montello,Paul Sutton