By H.A. Hellyer
A Revolution Undone blends research and narrative, charting Egypt's trip from Tahrir to Sisi from the point of view of an writer and analyst who lived all of it. H.A. Hellyer brings his first-hand event to undergo in his evaluation of Egypt's scan with protest and democracy. And by way of scrutinizing Egyptian society and public opinion, Islamism and Islam, the army and govt, in addition to the West's response to occasions, Hellyer presents a much-needed appraisal of Egypt's destiny prospects.
Read Online or Download A Revolution Undone: Egypt's Road Beyond Revolt PDF
Best middle eastern history books
Chaos in Yemen demanding situations contemporary interpretations of Yemen’s advanced social, political and financial variations when you consider that unification in 1990. via providing a brand new viewpoint to the violence afflicting the bigger sector, it explains why the ‘Abdullah ‘Ali Salih regime has develop into the central beneficiary of those conflicts.
This booklet offers a rigorous severe research of ways the united states army operates in Iraq, exploring the spatial practices of violence. modern serious analyses of the USA’ involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan emphasise the hegemonic nature of the U.S. army event, whereas traditional army analyses specialise in mounted different types akin to ‘counter-insurgency’ or ‘network-centric warfare’.
From a Western standpoint, the Persian Gulf struggle of 1990-1991 mostly fulfilled the 1st President Bush's goal: "In, out, do it, do it correct, get long gone. that is the message. " yet within the Arab international, the reasons and outcomes of Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait and his next defeat via a U.
This booklet is ready the Sudan Campaigns fought over the last 20 years of the 19th century. This ebook covers the whole saga from 1883 – 1899.
- The Boats of Cherbourg: The Navy That Stole Its Own Boats and Revolutionized Naval Warfare
- Waging Gendered Wars: U.S. Military Women in Afghanistan and Iraq (Gender in a Global/Local World)
- Istanbul: Living with Difference in a Global City (New Directions in International Studies)
- Jaffa Shared and Shattered: Contrived Coexistence in Israel/Palestine (Public Cultures of the Middle East and North Africa)
- Motherland Lost: The Egyptian and Coptic Quest for Modernity (Herbert and Jane Dwight Working Group on Islamism and the International Order)
- A Military History of the Ottomans: From Osman to Atatürk: Mehemet to Ataturk (Praeger Security International)
Additional resources for A Revolution Undone: Egypt's Road Beyond Revolt
A Revolution Undone: Egypt's Road Beyond Revolt by H.A. Hellyer